Friday, December 27, 2013

Week 1 Check In

Hi Everyone,

Break is about halfway over. Can you believe it!?! Thanks to all of you who have been posting your workouts. We made a commitment in our team meeting before break to post a week and I'm glad some of you are following through with that. 

A special thanks to Brooke and Tyra for posting your workouts. As varsity rowers, you're setting a great example for the novice as to what winter training looks like. I know I appreciate it and I'm sure Zohar does too. 

For the rest of you, it seems that a lot of you are putting in effort to get some quality work in. I like that some of you who don't have ergs are being creative with your workouts and trying new things. 

A quick word of caution... Some of you are taking advantage of the warm up circuits. That's great. But, keep in mind, a lot of you guys are basically doing the warm up and then considering it a workout. We do one of those circuits and. 1-2.5 miles of running as a warm up typically. Then we do 8-10k on the water. If you're going to use the warm up circuits, I would do it at least 3 times through. Don't forget, you can also do the stability circuit and Zohar's circuit on his workout sheet too. I'm not losing site of what I said, I know something is still better than nothing... But I want to make sure you're all aware.

As for me, well, sadly I haven't been  able to work out as I had wanted. Still working on recovering from bronchitis and a sinus infection. Hopefully I'll be working out soon. 

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment